Tablet PCs are innovative, convenient and have been revolutionizing the PC industry for the last few years. They are ideal for staying connected and organized, whether for professional or personal use, and offer a wide variety of benefits for everyone, including:
- Portability: Typically half an inch thick or slimmer, tablets often weigh less than two pounds. They are light enough to hold and small enough to slip into any tote bag. Portability is the main draw, especially for those individuals who often work outside the office or travel often. Tablets have long battery lives and low-heat processors.
- Increased Productivity: As mentioned above, tablets are compact and easy to carry. For the frequent business traveler, the work load won’t be delayed for any period of time when out of the office.
- Ease of Use: These mobile operating systems are quick, simple and are extremely easy to understand and navigate.
- Software Usage: Tablet PCs can run necessary productivity software such as Microsoft Office Suite, allowing for easy access to and creation of documents, reports and presentations.
- Touch Screen Interface: Touch screens provide a smoother, more direct means of interface than a keypad or mouse. Most touch-enabled screens allow users to use fingers to "flip" pages, enlarge, shrink and move around a screen. The touch screens make tablet computers even more user-friendly and intuitive.
- Personal Features: Users can input handwritten notes, convert them to typed text and even draw graphs and charts. Backgrounds, layouts and themes can all be customized to suit the personal taste of the user.
- Available applications: The availability of apps gives the tablet a huge benefit over the computer. App stores, such as the Apple App Store and the Android Market, provide convenient, centralized places to find multitudes of useful (and not as useful) applications. These markets encourage innovation by the development community.
- Connectivity: While tablets have fewer features than laptops, many can utilize 3G/4G data networks and almost all have Wi-Fi for broadband Internet connectivity.
Although the costs of tablet PCs are generally in-line with larger, more powerful laptops, prices are coming down since they were first introduced. As the popularity of tablet PCs increases, prices will fall further while functionality and features are added. The future of tablet PCs is assured. They are enabling even the busiest individuals to stay connected to their businesses virtually anywhere.